Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The Westport Apartments in Norfolk, Virginia, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!
Want to start meal prep off on the right foot this upcoming week? Well, if you love spinach and artichoke as a savory combination, then we have the perfect recipe for you. Sure, you’ve had spinach and artichoke served in multiple variations, from dips to stuffed breads, but what about as a soup? Made with frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, and plenty of cream and cheese, this Spinach Artichoke Soup is rich, hearty, and delectable. So, serve it on its own or with French bread. Either way, your family members will be lining up for seconds! Check out the ingredients and directions below.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 9-ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, depending on how creamy you want the soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus additional 1/2 cup for garnish
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in frozen spinach. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps.
- Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. Heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Add heavy cream. Stir together. Add cream cheese and let melt slowly. You want it to be at a low heat to prevent curdling.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Season according to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings.