Did you know that Americans eat 3 billion pizzas a year? This means the average American eats 40 pizzas a year. All in all, we collectively spend 38 billion-dollars on this delicious Italian delicacy annually. Now, that’s what we call a lot of pizza!
Unfortunately, pizza isn’t the healthiest of meals. Depending on the amount of cheese, toppings used, and the type of crust, pizza can be quiet the diet disaster if you aren’t careful. Luckily enough for pizza lovers everywhere, cauliflower pizza crust has become a popular substitute for pizza’s typical breaded recipe.
If you refuse to buy it pre-made from the store due to cost – boy, do we have the recipe for you today! Check out this easy-to-follow guide for making Cauliflower Pizza Crust from-scratch:
• 1 head cauliflower, stalk removed
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. Steam in a steamer basket and drain well. You can even use a paper towel to get excess moisture off. Let cool.
3. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, salt garlic powder, and eggs.
Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread into a circle, resembling a pizza crust. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Add desired toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy once cool enough to eat!
Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, The Westport Apartments in Norfolk, Virginia makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!