Mix up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by The Westport Apartments in Norfolk, Virginia, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!
You can serve this deliciously refreshing Watermelon and Feta Salad alongside any summertime meal. If you’re looking for something lighter than potato salad, for instance, it’s the perfect substitute side dish for any summer potluck, party, or BBQ. Plus, watermelon is mostly water, which helps to keep you hydrated and fill you up at the same time. It also contains many nutrients and is full of vitamins C and A!
Best of all, putting this Watermelon and Feta Salad together couldn’t be easier. The freshness of the watermelon pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the feta cheese, and the fresh mint adds the ideal finishing touch. All in all, it creates an absolutely heavenly precursor to your grilled baby back ribs or smoked chicken with plenty of barbecue sauce. Can’t you just taste the winning combo together, already?
• ½ large chilled seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ½ cup fresh mint leaves, minced
• 2 limes, juiced
• 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Once all of the ingredients are properly prepared, gently toss watermelon, onion, basil, cilantro, mint, lime juice, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.