Like many holidays during 2020, Thanksgiving is going to look a bit different this year. U.S. disease experts are recommending small gatherings, limited to those in your household or months-long quarantine bubble. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to tone down anything you love about the holiday altogether, whether you’re excited about planning your multi-coursed feast or decorating your apartment home with bright autumn colors.
Even if your Thanksgiving lunch or dinner is narrowed down to a select few, there are still ways to make your holiday extra special, and you can start by putting together these utterly adorable DIY Thanksgiving Placement Cards that look exactly like miniature turkeys! Made with authentic – or authentic-looking – fall leaves, googly eyes, and clothespins, this cute, artsy addition will have everyone around your table talking – and not just about the excellent food!
• Fall leaves, real or fake
• Large clothespins
• Small googly eyes
• Orange paper
• Clear craft glue
• Glue gun
• Glue sticks
1. Start by using clear craft glue to adhere the eyes to the clothespin. Make sure the clamp part of the clothespin is facing up, so you can pinch your place card there.
2. Cut a small square of orange craft paper for the beak and use clear craft glue to adhere to.
3. Use a hot glue gun and accompanying clue sticks to adhere to a large clothespin to your fall leaves, whether you went with real or fake ones.
4. Write or print out your guests' names and clamp them in the clothespins. Note that the clothespins need to be large enough to easily stand on their own.
Although we provide the utmost luxury at The Westport Apartments in Norfolk, Virginia, we love going the extra mile with our digital resources! Spice up your life with something different, and try out this new routine, recipe, or recommendation today.